Thursday 2 May 2013

The Big Review (29) Norway

After their landslide victory in 2009, Norway have had a tough few years in Eurovision. Their entry "My Heart Is Yours" flopped badly on home turf in 2010, they failed to qualify in 2011 and in 2012 they came last in the final. This year they have come out fighting. "I Feed Me Your Love" (that's an offer a boy can't refuse!) is a very modern piece of electro-pop which builds nicely. It's contemporary and fresh. Intially I wasn't sure of this and whilst I would prefer to venture out of Scandinavia next year, I think this is a possible winner. It has massive hit potential and would be good for the contest. Staged simply yet effectively, no gimmicks, just pure class. If the voters of Europe opt for an uptempo song then this could be it.


Qualifying: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment